Hadyn is a Principal of Finity in the Melbourne office and has 16 years of actuarial experience across corporate, government, regulatory and not-for-profit settings. He has particular expertise in the health insurance and aged care industries bringing his track record in pricing strategy, capital management, product development and relational analytics. Hadyn takes a unique “think balance sheet” approach to strategy and decision-making.
Ph +61 3 8080 0948
Mobile +61 401 680 767
Area of expertise
- Private health insurance
- Aged care
- Relational analytics
- Social sector
- Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Actuarial Studies, Master of Actuarial Studies, Australian National University (2001)
- Fellow of Institute of Actuaries of Australia (2004)
- 2013 – 2017 – Managing Director Cause Way
- 2011 – 2013 - PHIAC Actuary Private Health Insurance Administration Council
- 2002 – 2006 & 2008 – 2011 - Actuary Australian Government Actuary
- 2006 – 2007 - Actuary Converium (Switzerland)
Hadyn is a Principal of Finity based in the Melbourne office, providing actuarial and strategv advice to the private health insurance, aged care and not-for-profit sectors. His recent consulting projects have included providing traditional actuarial advice on pricing, capital, liquidity and forecasting. He has also undertaken more strategic pricing, product and innovation projects, including measuring the relational capital of organisations.
In his time at PHIAC, the private health insurance prudential regulator, Hadyn advised the Department of Health on insurers’ premium increases, co-designed the current capital standards, built an industry forecasting model to assess prudential risk of funds, worked with Appointed Actuaries on actuarial practice, and worked with insurers on managing growth, pricing and capital risks.