Estelle is Principal at Finity. She is an Actuary and a mathematician by training and has worked in the general insurance industry since 1989. She is a regular contributor to thought leadership and presents to a wide range of industry conferences each year.
Ph +61 2 8252 3331
Areas of Expertise
- Pricing, reserving and portfolio monitoring especially for long tail classes
- Liability, Professional Indemnity, CTP, Workers Compensation,
Medical Negligence and Mortgage Insurance
- Scheme design and regulation of CTP and Workers Compensation
- Market entry and product entry strategy
- Insurance licence application
- Insurance licence transfers and schemes of arrangement
Estelle works with many of Australia’s leading insurers in the public and private sector, providing both actuarial and strategic advice. She is focused on understanding the issues faced by the business and developing evidence-based advice and recommendations.
She is a regular contributor to thought leadership and presents to a wide range of industry conferences each year on issues facing insurers across a range of types of business.
- Working with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse to estimate the potential cost of a national redress scheme for survivors of abuse. This involved significant research into relevant information and developing a picture of the sources of exposure, number of survivors and the severity of harm.
- Over a number of years working with insurers to maintain a view of the health of the NSW CTP scheme. More recently this has included identifying the causes of an escalation in claims frequency and assisting insurers to identify changes to claims management processes in light of this. Estelle has recently worked with the insurance industry on looking at options for reform of the scheme as included in the NSW Government report “On the road to a better CTP scheme”.
- Over a twelve month period, working with a major international insurer to identify and measure the structural drivers of claims costs across a range of US businesses. This work was then used to drive enhancements in claims reserving and pricing and to improve communication from the actuarial team to management.
- During the liability crisis that followed the collapse of HIH, Estelle worked closely with the Federal and State Governments to assist them to develop responses to the market failure. She co-authored the report “Public Liability Insurance – Practical Proposals for Reform.”
- Estelle was awarded Actuary of The Year in 2012 by the Actuaries Institute in recognition of her thought leadership in the actuarial profession and her contribution to promoting actuaries and the actuarial profession in the insurance market.