Andrew is a Principal at Finity based in Melbourne. He is an Actuary and has over 15 years’ experience consulting in General Insurance, specialising particularly in personal lines pricing and competitor price monitoring, together with capital, risk and volatility management for all insurance classes.
Ph +61 3 8080 0905
Mobile +61 412 538 848
Area of expertise
- Personal lines pricing
- Competitor price monitoring
- Volatility and capital management
- Workers compensation
- Appointed Actuary
- Market Finesse: Led the continued development of the industry leading competitor price monitoring software.
- Strategic capital advice, which was critical in assisting a Government insurer in determining their capital needs, preferred funding range and reliance on external capital support.
- Managed the development of the North Queensland Home Insurance Price Comparison Website, one of the pillars of the Abbott Government’s promise to addressing the affordability of home insurance in Northern Australia.
- Development of a robust, transparent customer loyalty scheme for a Melbourne based insurer.
Andrew has a wide range of experience in general insurance having worked for private insurance companies, government authorities and other corporations
He currently leads our Competitor Price Monitoring practice, including our proprietary software tools Market Finesse and Finquote Bespoke, and counts the large majority of major and medium sized insurers amongst his most trusted clients.
For over 10 years, Andrew has consulted to a variety of public and private sector insurers in the area of volatility & capital management where he has completed projects with focus areas ranging from the levels of operating capital, to reinsurance and investment strategy.
Andrew also has a wide range of experience in reserving and pricing most classes of general insurance risks (including all aspects of Appointed Actuary work), having consulted for a number of years to private sector, public sector and self-insurers.