Francis is a Principal at Finity based in Sydney. He is an actuary with 12 years’ experience in General Insurance, specialising in financial analysis, reporting, capital, and risk for insurers.
Ph +61 2 8252 3388
Areas of Expertise
- Volatility and Capital Management
- Financial Projections and Budgeting
- IFRS 17
- Appointed Actuary
- Workers Compensation
Francis has a broad range of experience advising general insurers and government bodies across long and short tail classes of insurance. Francis has a particular focus on the financial dynamics of insurance businesses, encompassing rigorous financial projections and budgets, capital management, and the quantitative assessment of risk.
In addition to providing advice to insurers and governments, Francis has undertaken a number of client secondments which have provided a sound understanding of how insurers operate in practice. He has also contributed to industry though leadership in the capital management, budgeting, and reserving spaces.
- Developed an approach to measuring the uncertainty in insurance results on a monthly basis, allowing insurers to quantify the level of uncertainty that remains through to the end of a financial, or budget, year.
- Provided capital modelling advice to a Workers Compensation insurer, highlighting its key risks and capital needs in an environment with significant legislative and operational uncertainty.
- Provided valuation advice to a large Australian general insurer, and worked collaboratively with the insurer’s internal actuarial team to translate the actuarial valuation into information that was used for operational management.
- Regularly assess the ongoing performance of the NSW CTP scheme, as well as providing advice on CTP premiums.