Areas of Expertise
- New Zealand Insurance Regulation
- Appointed Actuary
- Volatility and Capital Management
- Medical Indemnity
Description of Relevant Experience
Jeremy is an Actuary and Principal at Finity based in the firm’s Auckland office. He has worked in the Australian, New Zealand and Papua New Guinean general insurance industries for over 10 years. During this time he has been involved in a wide range of actuarial assignments; including pricing, liability valuations and capital management.
Jeremy is currently the Appointed Actuary for one insurance company and is focused on helping New Zealand insurers tackle the licensing and compliance aspects of the New Zealand Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act. Jeremy is an active member of General Insurance Practice Committee of the New Zealand Society of Actuaries and is currently part of the working group developing the professional standard for New Zealand general insurance Financial Condition Reports.
- Fellow of the New Zealand Society of Actuaries, 2010
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia, 2007
- Bachelor of Science (Major in Statistics), Sydney University, 1999
- March 2005 to present: Finity Consulting
- 2000 to March 2005: Trowbridge Deloitte - Analyst/Consultant
- 1999 to 2000: Trowbridge Consulting - Actuarial Analyst