Gillian is an actuary who has over 20 years consulting experience in the general insurance industry. She is a Principal of Finity Consulting and is the leader of Finity’s Melbourne team.
Ph +61 3 8080 0901
Mobile +61 413 880 733
Areas of Expertise
- Pricing, reserving and portfolio monitoring especially for long tail classes, Medical Negligence, Life time care, Liability, Motor Injury (both common law and no fault), Workers Compensation and Mortgage Insurance
- Financial management of general insurance businesses including valuation and financial condition reporting
- Government oversight of statutory schemes
- Reinsurance program design
Gillian has more than 20 years’ experience in the areas of motor accident compensation, medical malpractice, long tail claims and disability. She heads up Finity’s Melbourne team which is focused on supporting our non-Sydney based clients.
Her core areas of expertise include financial modelling and reporting, valuation of insurance liabilities and pricing for long tail classes of business. She provides reserving, pricing and scheme design advice to a range of Australian schemes.
- Worked with a key client on its reinsurance program design and placement, including presenting internationally to the client’s reinsurance panel on emerging claim trends
- Development of solvency and capital frameworks for a number of state insurers, including development of dividend frameworks and external pricing reviews
- Completed a number of ‘tort temperature’ assignments, which assist clients in understanding both the current and potential future claims environment
- Written a number of papers on claims trends in CTP and medical malpractice